CAP Red Book is a comprehensive used vehicle price guide for light and heavy commercial vehicles, motorised caravans and trailer valuations. Red Book data provides up-to-date used vehicle information that reflects the marketplace and is used to assist to maximise potential profit and for safer purchase or disposal decisions. CAP Red Book is designed to reflect actual market values rather than provide a negotiating tool.
Get 8 times more Red Book data!
CAP's LCV and HGV data doesn't just come in a book. You can now access up to 8 times more Red Book data on your computer or mobile device. This gives you error-free instant look-ups and easy-to-use appraisal tools that will make your business work smartly and more efficiently.
Click here to find out more, or to try one of our electronic products for FREE.
Imperial Commercials, the UK’s largest independent commercial dealership, continues to use CAP:
Each year our Red Book Editorial Team
- Maintain databases containing over 70,000 models
- 225,000 LCV pricing movements
- 160,000 HGV pricing movements
- Provide over 250 specialist valuations
How do we research the market?
- Analysis of recent disposals data through numerous sources across the UK
- Vast amount of raw data from all sectors of the motor industry
- Auction attendance
- Dealer visits
- Remarketing meetings
- Internet research
- The data is gathered and coupled with market expertise to ensure a realistic and true reflection of the current market
What does it include ?
Indexed by manufacturer, model and derivative, CAP Red Book data is concisely laid out to provide a clear used value, with adjustments for three trade conditions CAP Clean, Average and Below Average.
Red Book contains:
- Suggested retail price
- Mileage variations
- Monthly trade-focused editorial commentary
- Market-place focus for both sectors
- Monthly monetary movements so you can get an insight to the vehicles market movements.