We are experts in the automotive industry and use our knowledge and experience to help automotive businesses manage risk and increase their profits.
The used car pricing and technical information that we supply has been trusted by motor trade professionals for more than 30 years. That's because it is expertly qualified by our experienced editors. So you can be sure that our accurate pricing and technical information on cars, vans, motorcycles and trucks is the best that there is.
History of CAP
- Founded in 1979 and based in Leeds (UK), CAP’s data and information systems serve clients across a broad variety of automotive-related sectors.
- CAP’s current used car values are used as the benchmark for residual values performance across the disposals industry and CAP Monitor is the leading residual values forecasting tool for the contract hire, leasing, daily rental, finance and Insurance industries.
- CAP’s new vehicle data system serves a broad variety of e-commerce, DMS, showrooms and asset management systems throughout the retail, contract hire, leasing, finance and e-commerce sectors.
- CAP information also operates at the heart of many leading vehicle marketing websites and car sales portals, including Britain’s largest – AutoTrader – helping consumers safely make the best informed decisions about their purchase choices.
- As the film above shows, we have consistently been the first information provider in our field to exploit the advantages offered by new technologies and we pride ourselves on innovation.
- In May 2012 we launched Black Book Live, the first ‘real time’ used car pricing guide in the market. This solves the problem inherent in monthly price guides of instantly becoming out of date in a fast moving market.
In May 2012 Montagu Private Equity acquired CAP, in partnership with its management team, for a consideration of £170 million.